Queensland Rugby League is pleased to announce the Harvey Norman Queensland Maroons squad in preparation for this year’s Ampol Women’s State of Origin match.
Coach Tahnee Norris has named two Harvey Norman Under 19 competition graduates in the 19-player squad, with Destiny Brill (who played for West Brisbane Panthers in the Harvey Norman Under 19 competition and Valleys Diehards in the BHP Premiership) and Burleigh Bears talent Tiana Raftstrand-Smith set to feature.
They are joined by fellow fresh faces Romy Teitzel from North Queensland Gold Stars and Valleys Diehards forward Natassja Purontakanen.
There are 15 players returning from last year’s winning squad which will again be led by Ali Brigginshaw.
An extended 21-player squad, including Chante Temara and Emma Manzelmann, met on Saturday to start preparations for the upcoming campaign.
The Harvey Norman Queensland Maroons will officially enter camp on Tuesday, June 15, with the game to be played at Sunshine Coast Stadium on Friday, June 25.
Harvey Norman Queensland Maroons squad
1. Tamika Upton – Burleigh Bears
2. Shenae Ciesiolka – Valleys Diehards
3. Lauren Brown – Burleigh Bears
4. Julia Robinson – West Brisbane Panthers
5. Karina Brown – Burleigh Bears
6. Tarryn Aiken – Tweed Seagulls
7. Zahara Temara – Burleigh Bears
8. Chelsea Lenarduzzi – Burleigh Bears
9. Destiny Brill – Valleys Diehards*
10. Shannon Mato – North Sydney Bears
11. Tazmin Gray – Burleigh Bears
12. Tiana Raftstrand-Smith – Burleigh Bears*
13. Ali Brigginshaw (c) – Valleys Diehards
14. Romy Teitzel – North Queensland Gold Stars*
15. Natassja Purontakanen – Valleys Diehards*
16. Shaniah Power – North Queensland Gold Stars
17. Brianna Clark – Valleys Diehards*
18. Tallisha Harden – Burleigh Bears
19. Rona Peters – Tweed Seagulls
Coach: Tahnee Norris
*Yet to play State of Origin